[olug] WE WIN!!!

Aaron Grothe grothe at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 25 04:27:12 UTC 2002

Hi,

Reading news.com and I read this article http://news.com.com/2100-1001-938973.html?tag=fd_lede and it almost knocked me off my chair.

"We will be publishing the source code because people will need to trust this," said Mario Juarez, group product manager for the Palladium project at Microsoft. "To get people to believe in what is happening in that little piece of code is critical."

True, this is only for a small section of the next-generation windows.  But come on, what happened to we can't release source code or hackers will exploit any holes they find line.  So, I suppose they'll be releasing the rest of their code because they want people to trust that too.

We have won the war and I'm going to bed, goodnight.

Regards,

Aaron
=-=-=
"The Journey is the Reward" - Old Zen Buddhist Saying