[olug] Slackware 8.1

Fruhwirth, John JFruhwirth at huskers.unl.edu
Fri Jun 21 20:24:22 UTC 2002

Yes, it seems like we're installing OS X on more and more machines, and it
makes sense since Macintosh is discontinuing development on the OS 9
platform.  All new machines ship with X, of course.  Anyway, X has had a
generally smooth release.  A few incompatibilities here and there, but
support is getting stronger everyday and bugs become fewer.  Mac is really
good about releasing updates.  I think the current version is 10.1.5.
Overall, it is wildly popular because of its ease of use and guys like us
like it because of the unix factor, of course.  2 Thumbs up

John (Russ) Fruhwirth
UNL Athletic Dept./Computing Services
402-472-2368
101 East Stadium