[olug] Theo can bite me. [or "OpenSSH Vulnerability"]

Jeremy Bettis jeremyb at hksys.com
Fri Jul 12 14:27:56 UTC 2002

Linux uses GNU utilities because they were there, if they had not
existed they would have been written.

Frankly, Linux has done far more to help the quality and completeness of
GNU software than the other way around.  GNU libc was virtually unheard
of until Linux adopted it, thousands of patches to GNU software have
been submitted by people who just wanted to make their linux systems
better.

The real problem is that RMS is a freak, and he is upset that Linux has
succeeded at making a complete Unix-like operating system, and he has
failed to make Hurd come to life.  Which is believe is because there are
so few people willing to work with him.

It should not be called GNU/Linux, if anything the free software
foundation should rename the GNU project to Linux/GNU.

--
Jeremy Bettis, Software Development Manager
HKS Medical Information Systems, Inc.
jeremyb at hksys.com

Linux