[olug] Printer

bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Jul 11 13:13:43 UTC 2002

If you're going to have it as a network device (not just network shared)
then I say go with HP (just about any of them) with a Jetdirect card.  HP
is pretty much the defacto standard for laser printers and there's a good
reason for that.

Bill

                    CM Miller
                    <cmmiller1973@       To:     olug at olug.org
                    yahoo.com>           cc:
                                         Subject:     [olug] Printer
                    07/10/02 07:12
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to olug

Can anyone on the list advise as to what type of
desktop printer I should buy that works in a network
environment and with dual boot machines?

I've checked out the Sunday paper adds, and most of
the desktop printers are advertised as USB connection
and Windows only.  I've also checked out Tom's
Hardware, but was wondering what the folks of OLUG
would recommend.

thanks

-Chris

For help contact olug-help at olug.org - run by ezmlm