[MLIST] Re: [olug] linux web server management ?

Jacobs, Robert A. RAJACOBS at northropgrumman.com
Wed Dec 18 22:40:12 UTC 2002

Approach 1:

	apt-cache search <regular expression>
	...select name to use as argument to "apt-get install"

Approach 2:

	http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
	...use search form to locate packages
	...select name to use as argument to "apt-get install"

These are, obviously, debian-specific.

Besides which, I would add the following to the Windows install
instructions:

	5.  Search/Pray like mad that you've got all the service packs
	    required to run the application safely.  Wash-rinse-repeat
	    steps 1-4.

Versus:

	apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

	...and never have to worry about whether you're up to date or not.