[olug] Argh!

Nick Walter waltern at iivip.com
Sun Dec 15 07:43:29 UTC 2002

I've filled up partitions in my time, even filled up / on a couple of
occassions.  RH Linux always impressed me by not crashing or having horrible
seizures when it happened.  I've seen other Unices do a lot lot worse in the
same situation.

The only thing I can think of is that Mozilla perhaps erases/re-writes the
bookmarks when you edit them?  I'm 100% in agreement with Adam that nothing
in Red Hat or Mandrake Linux will arbitrarily delete files just because a
partition is full.  The only thing that should happen is some processes
dying or freezing because they can't complete I/O.

Nick Walter