[olug] of Grub and Lilo

Christopher Cashell topher at zyp.org
Thu Dec 12 23:16:27 UTC 2002

At Thu, 12 Dec 02, Unidentified Flying Banana Eric Penne, said:
> Did you just type this list yourself?  Did you get it from another
> website?

I wrote it myself, though I did pull some idea bits from random websites
and mailing lists.  It's based on personal experience using GRUB, a
debate I read about replacing LILO with GRUB as the default boot loader
for Debian, on the debian-devel@ mailing list a while back, and from
other things I've read or heard about it.  I also tried to fact check a
few of the things while I was writing it.

> Either way this is some of the best informative stuff I've heard in a
> long time.  If you wrote this yourself maybe you should submit it as a
> little informative spiel as a news story to olug.org

Hrm, I hadn't thought of that.  I suppose I could clean it up a little
and submit it there.  I'll see if I can get that done tomorrow
afternoon.

Thanks for the post. ;-)