[olug] 2.4 kernel/ SMP and APIC

Christopher Cashell topher at zyp.org
Thu Dec 12 19:54:58 UTC 2002

At Wed, 11 Dec 02, Unidentified Flying Banana Brian Wiese, said:
> is there anyway to stop this kind of stuff from filling up my
> /var/log/warn ?

Are you trying to stop the error, or stop it from ending up in
/var/log/warn?

If it's the former, you'll have to find the root of the problem, which
may be hardware related, and is beyond my experience without more
research.

If you just want to keep it out of /var/log/warn, then try editing your
syslogd/sysklogd/syslog-ng config file.  I know at least with syslog-ng,
it's possible.

If it's not causing any major inconvenience, you might be better off
just ignoring it, or perhaps trying a different kernel.