[olug] gnu/linux 2.4 bridging problems

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Thu Dec 12 16:22:58 UTC 2002

> everything has worked 100% reliable, and beyond the bridge everything
> (bedides my laptop) seems fine.  It may have very well been a 'windoze'
> thing on the laptop, I'm not sure.

Could be a Windows problem.

I have no other idea what the issue could be.  But I just had a
troubleshooting idea:

When the laptop is having trouble ssh/telnet to the bridge.
Use tcpdump/tethereal to sniff traffic on *both* ethernet ports.  (Using 2
different sessions helps)
If, when you use the laptop to ping the gateway you see echo requests and
the matching echo replys on both ethernet ports and the laptop doesn't
recognize the replys, you know it's not a Linux problem.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us