[olug] Fw: TheOpenCD

Eric Penne epenne at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 12 14:48:41 UTC 2002

The irony is that he got this email after this very project brought the
wrath of the ISP down on the olug.org machine.  This project generated
13+ GB of traffic on saturday and the ISP pulled the plug on the
machine.  I honestly did try to log in on saturday when i first saw how
slow the website was.  I wanted to move the files so they couldn't be
seen.  I was worried that I had really f***ed up and it turns out that
I did.

What we offer at TheOpenCD.org is completely different than redhat or
slackware.  We offer opensource tools like an office suite and web
browser that don't require you to have another hard drive or
repartition your current drive to try them out.

You can be illiterate in the PC world and still be able to use
OpenSource tools on your computer.  This eliminates the fear of Linux
as a way to avoid opensource software.

Eric