[olug] linux is the way

Nate tbrownarcher at cox.net
Tue Aug 20 22:45:11 UTC 2002

I don't know if I should be posting this here or not. if so tell me and
I won't again.

A friend of mine has had his windows XP set this way and it worked for
months

Primary
    Master 20 G                   C drive
    Slave    CD Rom            F drive
Secondary
    Master CD RW              G drive
    Slave     partitioned        D & E drive

XP read this machine for months everything worked fine and suddenly it
wants to format the secondary slave.   If he puts in the win98 cd and
boots from it he can use everything again.

very strange and a good reason for him to try linux again.

just funny,
Nate

ps sorry if i'm not supposed to post this