[olug] Fw: [sansug] More MS Silliness?

Robert A. Jacobs r.a.jacobs at cox.net
Mon Aug 12 13:53:27 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 07:33, roger schmeits wrote:
> I am on another linux listserv and I posted the same link. Interesting
> enough no one commented about.  I get the general feeling that everyone
> is holding the their breath on this.  No bodying is say a whole lot.

Keep in mind:

  1. That Cringely column is a month and a half old
  2. Palladium has been talked to death in other venues
  3. Palladium is, presently, vaporware
  4. In a free market economy, how do you combat it?

Legislation is a possibility in either direction ("Citizen, you WILL use
Palladium" or "Microsoft, you WILL NOT implement Palladium") but is that
really the best approach?

Right now, the best approach is to spread the word, encourage others to
try Linux (hype game support -- unfortunately, GAMES are the things
keeping Windows partitions alive) and vote with your dollars.

Rob