[olug] fetchmail

roger schmeits schmeits at clarksoncollege.edu
Tue Aug 6 16:31:42 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 11:15, Mike Hostetler wrote:

> All fetchmail does is grab your remote mail and gives it to your local
> MTA.  Here is how I would list it:
>
> 1. fetchmail to your local sendmail or qmail or postfix
still dont know if i need to setup a daemon called fetchmail???
I use fetchmailconf so it may have set it up automatically in the
.fetchrc which is read upon login (**ck I dont know)

using postfix on RH 7.3

> 2. postfix to procmail
ok. I have to figure this part out yet. I assuming I instruct procmail
to read postfix spool file??
> 3. procmail to folder or spool
ok.
> 4. Mutt to read.
ok

> make sense ??

It certainly helps. One piece at a time. Thanks.