[olug] Uses for a 486 with Linux

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Tue Apr 30 15:56:28 UTC 2002

|Hello everyone,
|
|I am curious as to some ideas or things people have tried using a 486
with
|Linux. (besides the usual gateway/server stuff) I got yet another 486
today
|and was feeling adventerous. So anyone have a good suggestion that would
be
|fun to do.

Central syslog server? (for security) Telemetry box (will it have the
horsepower? -I don't know) http://telemetrybox.org/ or similiarly a box
for Netsaint.org, a network based Snort machine... just some of the ideas
I've been playing with.

the only thing I can recommend is something w/o encryption. :) of course!
yeah, it takes a little _while_ to authenticate my ssh sessions on my 486
obsd machine. ;)

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
  GnuPG/PGP key 0x1E820A73 | "FREEDOM!" - Braveheart