[olug] infotec kickoff - Declan McCullagh

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Mon Apr 22 14:22:52 UTC 2002

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002 13:34:33 -0500
Brian Wiese <bwiese at cotse.com> wrote:

|Scott Conference Center - 6pm reception - 7pm keynote
|
|Declan McCullagh (wired.com, politechbot) is giving the keynote, my
|impression is that now open attendance is welcome, especially students to
|help build a crowd.  Since this is part of the Infotec kickoff, try to
|look good since there will likely be a lot of business-folk around. =)
|
|Hope to see you there.
|
|peace
|Brian

Well, I didn't see any of you there. =(
Wow, he's a great speaker though, and just discussed openly on the topics
of technology and privacy of course, really engaging conversation and
opportunity to engage one on one with him. And darn I forgot my camera...
He's a bit like Jello (from list discussion earlier) I imagine, in
promoting the use of technology but reminding Washington that "they don't
have a clue" about how to it let alone how to legislate it.  =)

He'll be in town for a little bit still this week and around at Infotec I
believe, it would be really neat if you get a chance to meet him.  Too bad
this informaion travels about so slowly it's hard to know whats going on
where and prepare for it. :(

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
GnuPG = www.unomaha.edu/~bwiese/gpg/bwiese-pubkey.html
          "FREEDOM!"  - Braveheart