[olug] Hard Drive Addition to a Compaq Deskpro

Fruhwirth, John JFruhwirth at huskers.unl.edu
Tue Apr 16 18:30:13 UTC 2002

The Deskpro is a desktop machine, right?  and not a tower?  well, either
way.  There is a way to remove every panel on
every machine.  I've never worked with the Deskpro specifically, but I just
had a similar problem on a Micron.  Anyway, look for hidden screws on the
front chassis, assuming you are able to remove the outer plastic panel.  Are
you replacing this one or simply adding another HDD?  It may be easier to do
the latter.  Compaq cases are renowned for being compact (no pun intended)
and a pain in the ass to work with and upgrade.  Don't forget to set the
Master/Slave jumpers correctly on the HDD's.  Good luck.
Russ