[olug] unlock/free frozen process xmms and /dev/dsp w/o reboot?

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Wed Apr 10 06:50:46 UTC 2002

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 01:47:36 -0500
Brian Wiese <bwiese at cotse.com> wrote:

|<sys stats>
|SuSE 7.3 Pro - Dual Cel 366 - 512mb - Abit BP6 mobo
|- /data (mp3s drive/partition) is encrypted* Reiser fs
|- /home is encrypted* Reiser also (*decrypts on boot/mount).
|SB Live Value sound card
|</sys stats>

dooh!.. and I also just upgraded to the latest and greatest xmms 1.2.7 !
so, ... in case you were wondering...  and has anyone else had problems
with xmms before?  I was thinking it was just some bad mp3s, but I'm
thinking it's more of an file system, I/O error now.

could anything in hdparm help me?

peace
Brian

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru