[olug] m$ campus agreement

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Sat Apr 6 00:29:34 UTC 2002

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 18:00:42 -0600
Brian Wiese <bwiese at cotse.com> wrote:

|Sounds pretty good not!? $30/year tuition increase = $200 software for $3
|with perpetual licenses.... sounds like a deal to me!  But does anyone
|know of any hidden details behind this agreement (the devil's in the
|details) ?... has anyone else heard anything negative about these
|agreements, in relation to Gnu/Linux adoption?  I hear SuSE is popular at
|UNL... would that affect anything?
|
|peace
|Brian

Well, one thing I just found out is that the licenses are perpetual only
if you graduate... if you drop out you are supposed to remove the software
from your machines. :)  Guess thats an incentive to graduate?!

http://www.microsoft.com/education/?ID=CA3Overview

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
GnuPG = www.unomaha.edu/~bwiese/gpg/bwiese-pubkey.html
          "FREEDOM!"  - Braveheart