[olug] Corel Linux installation Questions

S. Ron Oliver sroliver at csc.calpoly.edu
Wed Sep 19 11:39:13 UTC 2001

At 02:30 PM 9/18/01 -0700, you wrote:

>Why are you using Corel, if I may ask?

A couple years ago I tried working with Red Hat for awhile (different
project), and ran into so many problems I ended up scrapping the whole
project.  (I have a VERY low tolerance for sucky software!)  When this new
project came up I looked around on the web a bit, and emailed people I know
who had some Linux experience, etc.  It seemed that Corel Linux would be
about as good as any, based on my brief "survey".  I have been an avid Word
Perfect user for nearly 20 years now, and since Corel purchased them, I
have had reasonably good luck with Corel support.  Seemed like a good risk.

>Are you familiar with mounting devices to directories  in Linux or UNIX?

Yes.

>Will be using a second hard drive for Linux or dividing part of your current
>hard drive?

Same drive.

>Do you have plenty of space free on your windows partition?

Yes.

Several other people on the olug list have responded with what appears to
be very useful information for all my questions.  I expect to verify that
later this morning.

Thanks for responding.

sro
S. Ron Oliver, semi-retired professor of Computer Science and Computer
Engineering.  www.csc.calpoly.edu/~sroliver

caress Corporation is proud to be the U.S. representative for Top Graph'X,
developers of high quality software components, using Ada.  For more
information, check out www.topgraphx.com.

For help contact olug-help at bstc.net - run by ezmlm
(c)2001 OLUG http://www.olug.org