[olug] RH upgrade

Nick Walter waltern at iivip.com
Tue Oct 16 22:00:22 UTC 2001

In Red Hat, /usr/src/linux is a link, not an actual directory.  The Red Hat
upgrader may not have deleted and updated that link for you.  A quick way to
check would be to ls -al in /usr/src.  If it's the old RH6.2 link, it will
be a link to /usr/src/linux-2.2.14 and if it's the new RH7.1 link it will be
a link to /usr/src/linux-2.4.2

If the link is wrong, lots of things get flaky, so it might be worth
checking.

Nick Walter
Interact Incorporated