[olug] bad practices at home

Adam Korab adam at ledhazard.net
Mon May 21 15:10:58 UTC 2001

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 09:51:13AM -0500, Jon wrote:
> Telechoice has alwasy given out Class C addresses but they ill map an internet address to your Class c if you ask.  I have heard of some service providers doing mapping but blocking low port numbers to discourage servers.

I fear you may be confused -- Class C address space is anything from
192.0.0.0 to 223.255.255.0.  10/8 space isn't within that range, it's
reserved for internal use, (by RFC1918, again) and isn't routable to the
network at large (or shouldn't be) due to provider route filtering.

--Adam
--
"A workstation without a network is like a geek in a field all by himself.
It looks intriguing, unusual and different but no one will come within 20