[olug] bad practices at home

Brian Roberson brian at bstc.net
Mon May 21 14:55:26 UTC 2001

not to flame here, but...
Do you even have a clue of the implications of converting a small network,
say a 5 node network, to ipv6? try it sometime, and then you will fully
understand the implications of converting big networks. It is not as easy as
you seem to think. It's not going to be "flip a switch and use ipv6"
conversion, it will take decades to do, you will have to do ipv6-in-ipv4
encaps on the backbone for at least 20 years to get all the edge net's up to
speed, and then migrate the backbones. not to mention that all the standards
are complete yet ( RFC's, etc.... )