[olug] Debian newbie

mesc mescie at home.com
Tue Mar 27 21:05:43 UTC 2001

I can't get my X resolution right.I've tried XF86Setup and
xf86config.With both I end up with a desktop that is too small for my
screen (it's currently 1024x768 probably,my mandrake is set at 800x600 I
_think_),it leaves about 1 1/2" blank(black) edge on the left edge of my
screen.I even tried using the XF86Config file from my mandrake setup in
debian with the same result.Does anyone know what may be wrong and how
to correct it?Also where is the file that contains the firewall
rules?I'd like to look at them if indeed there are any yet.

		Thank yoy,Gary Martin