[olug] firewall

Chad S. Lauritsen csl at plconline.com
Wed Jun 13 14:47:26 UTC 2001

Hi Jon,

To check if things have been modified on your system, you can use rpm if you're
on an rpm-based system such as redhat, mandrake, etc.

rpm -Va

will check the status of each file installed using rpm, and report
discrepancies such as last modified time, md5 checksum, size, etc.
Read the rpm man page for fuller details.

Can similar be done on debian? If so, how? (I don't have access currently to a
debian system).

--
Chad Lauritsen                          | 1000 N 2nd Ave
System Administrator                    | Logan, IA 51546