[olug] Worms!

Paul T. McNally pmcnally at alltel.net
Mon Jul 23 20:17:47 UTC 2001

Phil Brutsche wrote:

> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way, someone said...
>

> > http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-2001-19.html
>
> Those of you who use Cisco 675s & 678s on DSL lines: check to make sure
> you have web access disabled, or, better yet, block of with filtering
> rules.  I've already seen reports of this thing wreaking havoc with Cisco
> gear; it's caused me more than one problem today :)

My router more or less locked up around 4:30 pm the day you sent this
out at 11:26 pm. I had to cycle it. I'm wondering how do I check
the filtering rules, tftp the router thru the mgmt port on the router
itself? How do you disable web access?

What is your new email address again?

--
Everyone wants results, but no one is willing to do what it takes to get them.
 -- Dirty Harry