[olug] Shoutcast Linux server

Dean axeman at matrim.com
Fri Jul 20 01:14:15 UTC 2001

Just thought I'd share...
http://www.shoutcast.com

If anyone is interested in streaming audio from thier
linux box, Nullsoft has a Linux v. of thier Shoutcast
server. Very easy install, I don't think you even need to
have root access, just a shell account. Simple to config.
You can place mp3 files in a directory for clients
to request (so you can put links to specific songs on
your webpage or whatever). Or you can feed the server
a live stream from your windoze winamp(with a plug in).
To listen to a the live feed the client points thier
winamp to open a URL of http://yourstinknserver.com:8000

So we could have a OLUG radio staion! jk
But you could broadcast the meetings,
so those of us on the moon could listen. :)

Dean
http://65.162.85.95:8000
(me practicing my guitar or drums, songs I've recorded,
me just screwing around with friends, or dead air if your lucky)