[olug] Cox at home

Joe Mastandrea joem at sarpy.com
Mon Jul 16 13:45:57 UTC 2001

In theory, any DHCP client will work.

In practice, you can treat the IP on the COX paperwork as a static IP
(my COX IP
address hasn't changed in the almost three years I've had it).

As far as the hardware is concerned, I rent a Motorola cable modem from COX
to make troubleshooting easier (they can't blame the modem if I have a
complaint,
they just replace the cable and modem, if needed).  I average one new
modem a
year.  The tech droids claim that the firmware is better on the newer
ones, but
your upload and download speed limits are pretty constant.