[olug] Computer components

Timothy G. O'Brien irishMASMS at netscape.net
Sat Jul 14 21:34:58 UTC 2001

For memory I highly recommend McDonald and Associates (2544 S. 156th Circle) - their web sites are at http://memoryplace.com/ and www.buymemory.com. We have purchased some form them a few times uin the last few months, I have had no problems with them at all.

Other PC hadware I have heard good things regarding Quick Nickel - they are at the PC fair & swap meet now held at the armory (used to be at the old Radial Hall show). They are from the KC area, IIRC. The next show is on the 29th, BTW. Shrock Innovations down in Lincoln is good according to word of mouth as well.

I have had good luck with Computers2Go, both for work and personal. Talk to Darby.

I have also dealt with Computer Habit at 80th & Giles a few times, but really do not have the "warm fuzzy" on them. Also PC Support in Elkhorn and down town Omaha (13th street) I can not say anything bad about.

For cables and parts Com Cor enterprises here in town - they are also at the other PC fair & swap meet held at the Holiday Inn  (which used to be the Millard event). That show is tomorrow.

What are you specifically looking for?

remember - Your mileage and satisfaction may vary - all disclaimers apply. ;-]

olug at bstc.net wrote:

> I am trying to put together components for a friend so I can show him
> how to build his computer.
>
> After 3 trys at DIT I have become fed up with them and won't use their
> services any more.  Are there any other places that are in the Lincoln
> and Omaha area that have similar prices?

   Timothy "Irish" O'Brien

   1951 South 15th Street
   Omaha, NE
   68108-3903