[olug] New to OLUG

Mike Peterson mikejack at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jul 14 15:12:44 UTC 2001

The next meeting is 7/19.
The web site is http://olug.org or http://olug.bstc.net
As per the site and the group the meetings are the First Tuesday and the
Third Thursday
of every month. The topics are decided for each meeting over the list server
and during the
previous meetings and what topics the list members and meeting attendees
need info on.
The first August meeting is supposed to be on CIPE/VPN connections.
This was to be the first July meeting but it got bumped to August because
the presenter had
other obligations.
I did not make it to the last meeting, which was supposedly and open
discussion/open topic meeting.
I have been a member since May.
I have been using and working with Linux since 1994.
I teach classes using Linux as the platform.
I run Linux as my web server and firewall and have it as a second desktop
OS.
Hope to see you all at the 7/19 meeting.