[olug] Computer components

Phil Brutsche pbrutsch at creighton.edu
Fri Jul 13 22:12:23 UTC 2001

Quoting Eric Penne <epenne at yahoo.com>:

> I am trying to put together components for a friend so I can show him
> how to build his computer.
>
> After 3 trys at DIT I have become fed up with them and won't use their
> services any more.  Are there any other places that are in the Lincoln
> and Omaha area that have similar prices?

Not really.  Most others suck just as badly (CR, Computers by Malone) or
cost more (PC Support).  Futureware (near 120th & L, they're probably in the
phone book) seems to have a good selection of quality components (very
important!  most local places get that wrong) but I don't know if they sell
to individuals.

Your best bet is to get out a credit card and go online, or even eBay.  I've
almost had better luck with used stuff off eBay than I have with new stuff
bought locally :)  eBay also rules for systems & components that you can't
aquire locally (never try to buy an sbus card for a Sun in Omaha).

Phil