[olug] LDAP

Jeff Hinrichs jlh at home.com
Wed Jul 11 06:02:50 UTC 2001

Phil,
Thanks a bunch.  I, too, will be implementing LDAP in the near future so
this is welcome info.  In setting up LDAP is it possible for it to act as a
repository for corporate and individual address information.  Say I want my
users to be able to access shared pools of address information such as the
employee directory and I also want various other shared pools for things
like Vendors.  I'd also like to let them store their personal addresses on
the LDAP server.

Is this possible?  Is this wise? what would you suggest for a tree
structure?
corporate
    vendors
        Vendor A
        Vendor B
    employees
        Emp A
        Emp B
    employeeapersonal
        Personal A
        Personal B
Then I would setup an LDAP address Book on the Mail Client that would point
at the points of the tree? (ou=employees,o=corporate,c=us) for the employee
addresses, (ou=employeeapersonal,o=corporate,c=us) for the personal
addresses?

or am I just confusing the hell out of you<g>

-Jeff