[olug] eth0 troubles

Jon thechunk at thechunk.dhs.org
Fri Jul 6 03:05:10 UTC 2001

If I am compilng my kernel I always compile ethernet as module.  than make sure the alias eth0 <modulename> is in the /etc/conf.modules file.  It's hard to imagine they broke too much support from 2.2 to 2.4 make sure the module exists is loaded with the right parameters and is aliased.  If your redhat config hasn't changed it should work.  otherwise download slackware 8.0 and install it.  Much easier to work with IMHO.

-Jon