[olug] Looking for Advice/Comments

Jeff Hinrichs jlh at home.com
Mon Jul 2 04:21:30 UTC 2001

Here is the scenario to date:
I am evaluating replacing our exchange(4.x) server (40 users/shared
folders/shared contacts/scheduling).
I was evaluating Bynari's InsightServer (was TradeServer), however do to
problems I encountered with their installation I am going about it myself.
(If anyone wants more info let me know and I'll share.)  Anyway, here is
where I am headed.

Cyrus-Imapd    (http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/)
Cyrus-SASL
Exim                  (www.exim.org)
Apache   1.3.20 (www.apache.org)
    SSL
    mod_php4
    mod_perl
    et al
SquirrelMail web interface (www.squirrelmail.org)
OpenLDAP        (boy, did I kick myself when I found out I missed the
meeting on that :( )

I am trying to keep this a "closed" box with only IMAP accounts via SASL and
IMAP.

I am looking for the following tools:
LDAP    (tools to import current shared info from exchange)
Web interface for Sieve

Has anyone on the list done anything similar?  Any words of wisdom you would
like to share?

I have been documenting my adventure for later publication to the olug
website.  I haven't found any resources on migrating an existing user base
away from Exchange.

Any responses (to the issue at hand) are welcome,
Jeff Hinrichs