[olug] dd --- the coolest utility ever

Daniel Pfile pfiled at marietta.edu
Mon Jan 22 04:18:18 UTC 2001

A simple search leads me to believe ext2resize would be a good program to
use.

http://ext2resize.sourceforge.net/

Since you've already got all your data on your old drive, it should work
great. If ext2resize blows up, you've got a backup. Be sure to read the FAQ.

1: Boot linux on old disk
2: partition/format new disk
3: dd data over to new disk
4: ext2resize new disk
5: boot new disk (remember to futz with lilo)

have fun, let the list know how it goes please.

-- Daniel

--On Sunday, January 21, 2001 7:51 PM -0600 Chris Garrity