[olug] (*#$ing Samba Conf File!!!

Jason Ferguson jferguson3 at home.com
Sun Jan 21 23:36:06 UTC 2001

Okay, need some samba help. I created a new smb.conf file the share out
my home directories to my winbox. I built it pretty simple... Im gonna
gradually make it more and more complex (to learn samba, probably up to
the point point where I can run a PDC).

However, a problem has arisen.  Samba refuses to use the new settings. I
still see my system (riffington) listed in Net Neighborhood on the
winbox, but it has the old info (NetBIOS Name, Server String, etc).

Ive tried restarting samba via the "/etc/init.d/samba restart" and
"/etc/init.d/samba force-reload" with no luck.

The SWAT tool shows hat the winbox, Torg, is connected. So basically, I
cant figure out what the hell is going on.

I need help here, if anyone can save me.

Jason