[olug] new graphics card

Adam Lassek lunatik at radiks.net
Fri Feb 23 00:19:42 UTC 2001

Most mpeg decoders connect to the video card with a loopback cable, which is
basically a short m-f vga cable, one side plugs into the video card and the
other connects to the video-in on the back of the card. (Sometimes the video-in
isn't even vga, but some proprietary plug).  My dvd kit cost about $200, and
that included both the dvd drive and the decoder, so about a hundred each. Mind
you, this was a couple of years ago--I'm sure it must be a little cheaper now.