[olug] command not found

mesc mescie at home.com
Sat Feb 17 00:28:42 UTC 2001

Still working on this problem I cd'ed to the /sbin directory and tried to
run a command directly from there,I ran ./network status and I got this
error>>Configured devices:
                                lo eth0
                                /bin/linuxconfig: error in loading  shared
libraries: libgd.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
                                Devices with modified configuration:
Thinking maybe I needed to reinstall a library I tried to mount my cd-rw
with my  mandrake cd in it but I got this error>>
hdd:driver not present

So  then I just figured I'd load the module for it then mount it
right?.....wrong...lol....I got this error running modprobe <module name> (I
tried every module in the cdrom directory)

/lib/modules/2.2.14-15mdk/cdrom/<module name> init_module:Device or resource
busy

Is there a generic cd-rom module btw?I was going to unzip my HOWTO' from a
zip disk to /usr/doc/howto but it wouldn't let me create a dir.Do any of
these error messages make sense to anyone?

            Thank you,Gary Martin