[olug] 1U Rack RAID?

Adam Haeder adamh at omaha.org
Fri Feb 9 06:01:02 UTC 2001

Yep, we got it working, thanks to Brian. It was a dumb mistake on my part:
all the raid stuff was working, but when I booted it with the new /etc/fstab
that references the mounts on /dev/mdX, I had neglected to create some of
the mountpoints. So the devices where there, but I was trying to mount them
in a non-existent place.
Made the dirs, rebooted, modified my /etc/raidtab file to change the disks
from "failed-disk" to "raid-disk", ran the raidhotadd command on each, and I
was off and running.

Brian pointed out that next time I might want to keep /boot and maybe / on a
non-raid partition and just mirror it manually on both drives to make
recovery in the event of a failure easier and quicker.

Adam