[olug] Wireless internet service

Vincent vraffensberger at home.com
Wed Feb 7 04:16:45 UTC 2001

128k is really slow for wireless.  Most cards are capable of 3 to 11 mbps, depending on the technology.  The uplink speed limitation
is usually at the access point.  If there's only a T1 there and a couple dozen subscribers, then 128 isn't so bad.  I would guess
that's the case the company mentioned below.  Here's another company which has been providing wireless to rural NE for over two
years now.

http://dtnspeednet.com