@home

David Walker linux_user at grax.com
Thu Aug 23 03:34:53 UTC 2001

That still wouldn't protect us from each other.  I've been scanned by a
user in my own neighborhood.

I think blocking incoming ports at the cable modem itself would break
the least amount of things and have the maximum effect.  I think certain
cable modems are capable of this.

In fact I am wondering if my having an old cable modem could be related
to the fact that my port 80 is not blocked.  Does anyone know any more
about this idea?