Here's a stumper

kaygee kegaut01 at willy.wsc.edu
Tue Aug 21 22:29:18 UTC 2001

Hello,
It's been awhile since I posted, but I've got a doozy of a problem which I
would appreciate help solving.

I just built myself a new system with a nice GeForce3, unfortunately the
bastard absolutely refuses to stay in X.  It will get past the Nvidia logo
and then immediately exit back to the prompt.

What's worse the log shows no errors except for some unresolved symbols in
nvidia_drv.o regarding XAAPixelAccel.  At least I finally got it to quit
corrupting the screen whenever it decided it didn't like X and was going
to go back to the prompt (saves a lot of reboots).

Anyway, if you've had experience with this and/or heard about this your
knowledge would be most welcome.  It really isn't quite worth it to have
your $350 video card displaying only text.

Keith