[olug] Don't drop Linux yet, hear me out...

Nathan Brown tbrownarcher at home.com
Fri Aug 17 02:08:11 UTC 2001

Don't Quit!  Linux is a much better OS and they are improving it all the time.
As Mark said you learned window/dos and the process was the same.  In fact since
you know windows/dos you have a step up on learning linux because you know what
the computer is doing just don't know how to get it to do it.

When I learned dos it was the same, only worse.  I had a friend that was a step
ahead of me and so I had help.  With Linux it's the same only better because of
the background you already have from using windows.

I have trouble with linux too but most of my problem could be taken care of if I
could get to meetings.  I have been to 3 or 4 meetings in 2 years and found the
group to be VERY helpful, but I have other obligations on meeting nights and so
I consider myself a low level user of linux but improving all the time.  I'm not
a programmer or a system admin or anything like that, just a small time
personaal user that Loves linux because it's better.

I run it on a separate partition on the same hard drive which is not hard to do
at all though I do forget how I did that if I needed to do it again it would
come back quickly.  I run Red Hat and it's pretty straight forward.

Well, I guess that's my 2 c worth so your decision .... have a good time

Nate