[olug] identd still not working

barlow barlow at home.com
Wed Aug 15 05:34:19 UTC 2001

this is from my /etc/inetd.conf file. I see that the auth line is
uncommented. thats the way it should look right?

#
# Authentication
#
auth   stream  tcp     nowait    nobody    /usr/sbin/in.identd in.identd -l
-e -o
#
# Linuxconf Web Interface:
#

this is from the /etc/services file
auth		113/tcp		authentication tap ident
sftp		115/tcp
 also not commented. i still can not get this thing to connect to irc dalnet
or efnet. can anybody tell me a good book that covers linux pretty well? i
have a book called " a practical guide to linux" but i have not read it yet.
has anybody read this book? its by a mr.sobell i think.