[olug] Debian?

Hungate Jim Hungate_Jim at prc.com
Mon Aug 6 16:37:30 UTC 2001

  OK, I've tried several distributions over the years. Redhat, Suse,
Slackware, Mandrake, Storm, etc. Anyway, I've kind of settled in to the
Mandrake thing. They made it easier for my wife to switch. Anyway, on my
machine, I'm thinking the time has come to move to Debian.
 Is anyone here running Debian with a Voodoo4/5 video card? Would I need to
update to Xfree86 4.1.0 to get the 3D portion to work? Would I be better of
going with Progeny? What are the advantages or drawbcaks of Progeny? Any
suggestions?
  Thanks,

Jim Hungate