[olug] linux install

barlow barlow at home.com
Fri Aug 3 12:59:02 UTC 2001

When is the next time everyone will get together for one of those install
feast? I have tried to install mandrake 8 with no success. I get an error
like this. kernel panic:VFS: unable to mount root fs on 21:05
I have an amd k6 III 400,128mb,two hard drives one western and the other a
maxtor. I have a siig ata 66 pci card that my hard drives are hooked
into.not sure of the motherboard cause I didn't build this system. I have
searched for help on the web if any of you can help that would be great!
thanks for your time