[olug] fetchmail problems

Mike Hostetler thehaas at binary.net
Wed Sep 27 13:38:25 UTC 2000

I dunno if there are any fetchmail gurus out there . . .

I just upgraded to SuSE 7.0 (though not smoothly . . . ) and I think that
fetchmail worked not long after the fact.  But now, when I try to run
fetchmail, it just sits on first message it sees.

For example:

fetchmail: 5.5.2 querying ravine.binary.net (protocol POP3) at Wednesday,
27 Sep 2000 08:33:02 -0500 (CDT)
fetchmail: 1 message for thehaas at ravine.binary.net (3666 octets).
fetchmail: reading message 1 of 1 (3666 octets)

So then, I thought, "maybe some libraries in SuSE 7.0 have changed" so I
grabbed the latest fetchmail, and installed it.  Still the same thing.
But I get get mail with Mozilla mail. . . .

does anyone have any input???  Maybe it's a permissions issue somewhere
in my mail setup that got changed in the upgrade???  I am using sendmail
(yeah, yeah, I know . . . .)

- mikeh

--
Mike Hostetler
thehaas at binary.net
http://www.binary.net/thehaas
GnuPG key: http://www.binary.net/thehaas/mikeh.gpg

"What good is having someone who can walk on water if you don't follow
in his footsteps?"