[olug] RedHat 7.0 available

Eric Penne epenne at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 23:48:28 UTC 2000

Ok I think I got it locked down.
I installed NcFTPd for the FTP server since the creator was from UN-L.
I know it may not be the best reason but it's better than nothing.

Now I only have ports 21 for ftp
25 for smtp and 6000 for X11 open.  Is there anyway for the X11 port
not to be seen by the outside?  I'm leaving SMTP open so that if
somebody sends email to root at ee-epenne.unl.edu I can have it forwarded
to an email account that I will notice.

The first disc of Redhat 7.0 is available for download in the
redhat/images directory and the rest of the discs r on their way.

ee-epenne.unl.edu with anonymous login and email as password. Not the
password thing makes any difference at all.

ERic

http://im.yahoo.com/