[olug] emacs book

Andrew Embury drazak at materiamagica.com
Tue Sep 26 00:50:37 UTC 2000

I would have to agree with Mike, that its just not worth learning Emacs
anymore, unless you are going to do some very heavy programming (this is
still debatable).  vi is definetly worth learning if you are heavy into
systems administration and need a step up from pico.  vi can be found on
every unix system under the sun, and will save your ass sooner or later if
you spend enough time around unix.

However, to answer a question from a few mails ago, GNU Emacs =
Emacs.  However, there was a code fork a few years back when a company
called Lucid attempted to put a GUI on emacs.  This project is now called
XEmacs and also has some nice features.

_Drew