[olug] firewall dump

mesc mescie at home.com
Fri Sep 22 22:00:49 UTC 2000

Assuming I did head  right it didn't work.My firewall script ends at
line  162,if I run /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall it gives  this
error>/etc/rc.d/rc.firewall: line 163: syntax error: unexpected end of
file.There's nothing on line 163 except a $  character.Here's how I ran
head.......I made a new file in /etc/rc.d called rc.firewall_new then I
ran head like this>  head --lines=162 rc.firewall
rc.firewall_new........I then looked at rc.firewall_new and it was blank
and rc.firewall still had the $ characters in it.After reading the head
man page I  assumed that head  copied up to the line you specify (162 in
my case) Is this wrong?Also after looking at rc.firewall longer I see
about  15 $'s.They don't appear unless  the tab key is  pressed and the
cursor runs  off the edge of the page on the  right then the $'s appear
on the left of the page.Everytime the tab key  is run off the ege
another $ appears.Like so>$
                             $
                             $................up to 15 times.I hope this
explains it  better.

                Thank you,Gary Martin