[olug] copy & paste

Mark A. Martin mmartin at amath.washington.edu
Tue Sep 19 21:11:04 UTC 2000

I use a 3-button mouse and have no difficulty doing exactly what you
described.  I suggest getting a 3-button mouse.  The one I'm currently
using only cost about $10 and is perfectly adequate.

Another idea would be to make a copy of the file that contains only the
text you want to include in the message and attach it to the message.
Text files are usually attached inline in messenger, although only the
recipient will be able to see the text.  This won't be ideal, especially
if you want to intersperse comments to the text in your message.

Mark
Mark A. Martin					Dept of Applied Mathematics
http://www.amath.washington.edu/~mmartin	University of Washington